Showing all 9 results
Master Cutting-Edge Modern Jazz Guitar Techniques!
Modern Jazz Guitar Concepts provides an in-depth insight into the modern jazz guitar techniques you’ll hear in the music of Kurt Rosenwinkel, Adam Rogers, Jonathan Kriesberg, Gilad Hekselman, Lage Lund and others. In this book, you’ll learn the essential building blocks of modern jazz guitar with numerous licks and detailed descriptions of the theory behind each concept.
Popular YouTube teacher Jens Larsen teaches you how to apply triads, arpeggios, and scales to create the sounds of contemporary jazz guitar. This creative method allows you to develop the knowledge you already have, using basic major and minor scales in a new way to create fresh sounds. This book contains a wealth of knowledge and provides a clear, easy to follow method for jazz guitar fans who want to access the modern style of playing.
What you’ll learn:
- The essential techniques of modern jazz guitar, with licks played over the familiar II-V-I progression.
- How to apply the basic major scale to contemporary jazz guitar with clever use of triads and arpeggios.
- How to use chromatics to create tension and interest in your solos.
- The “Coltrane pattern”–break up boring scale patterns and learn how to improvise over quick chord changes.
- How to apply the harmonic minor and diminished scales in a modern jazz context.
- Expand your jazz vocabulary with a collection of innovative modern licks you can adapt to your style.
Would you like a straightforward method that teaches you how to achieve a contemporary jazz guitar sound, without having to learn dozens of exotic scales?
Would you like a jazz guitar method that shows how you can re-think the scales and arpeggios you already know?
Would you like a simple method that will help you create your own original melodic ideas?
In recent years, many new modern jazz guitar players have emerged, many from the exciting New York scene. Jens Larsen has written the must-have guide to contemporary jazz vocabulary – but this isn’t merely a book of licks – the concepts behind the licks are explained in a thorough, detailed manner, enabling you to immediately apply them to your playing.
Here’s What You Get:
- A step-by-step guide that starts simple and adds layers of complexity.
- Perfectly notated examples with tab and studio-quality audio to download for FREE.
- A full-length blues with a solo analysis demonstrating all the concepts at work.
Modern Jazz Guitar Concepts cuts through the mystery that surrounds contemporary jazz guitar and explains the concepts behind the style in a clear and concise manner. Using the familiar II-V-I progression, Jens Larsen demonstrates how to get “that sound”, without learning dozens of exotic scales.
Buy it now and master the language of modern jazz guitar!
The Complete Guide to the Art of Neo-Soul Guitar style and technique Featuring Mark Lettieri
Are you struggling to unravel the intricate guitar parts of neo-soul guitar?
The Neo-Soul Guitar Book is a one-stop shop for the multi-faceted style of neo-soul guitar playing. In recent times neo-soul has emerged as a driving force in modern music, with notable players such as Mark Lettieri (three-time Grammy award winner) and Tom Misch reinventing neo-soul guitar for new audiences.
Neo-soul is a mash up of R&B, soul, gospel and funk, and is a wide-ranging discipline. But authors Simon Pratt and Kristof Neyens have you covered – addressing every technique you need to become a top class neo-soul guitar player. In fact, whatever you play, this book is full of rut-busting ideas that can be applied to any style.
On top of that, this book features original pieces by Mark Lettieri of legendary band Snarky Puppy, as well as several other complete performance pieces – all of which are demonstrated with accompanying video and audio.
What you’ll learn:
- The most popular neo-soul chord voicings and how to embellish them.
- R&B chord tricks and licks.
- Modern pentatonic single-line licks enhanced with neo-soul techniques.
- How to use double-stops and triple-stops to create funky grooves and fills.
- Tips and tricks like the “chord quake,” “hammer-ons from nowhere,” tapping, and artificial harmonics.
- Two complete, original pieces by Mark Lettieri of Snarky Puppy, specially written for this book.
- Five complete performance pieces in total, encapsulating every technique in the book.
It’s hard to listen to contemporary music and not hear some facet of neo-soul technique. It captures the sound of modern guitar technique – a fusion of the best parts of many different styles with a modern edge.
Neo-soul guitar sounds impressive, but it’s not unattainable. After many years of study, neo-soul specialists Simon Pratt and Kristof Neyens pass on their knowledge in a clear concise manner that will methodically build and develop the essential techniques you need to nail this style.
Here’s What You Get:
- A step-by-step neo-soul guitar guide that starts simple and adds layers of complexity.
- Dozens of exercises focusing on developing essential techniques.
- Complete and exclusive neo-soul guitar pieces to learn.
- Creative, ground-breaking ideas to develop your guitar playing in new directions.
- 40 beautifully conceived licks and chordal ideas to add to your vocabulary.
- Perfectly notated examples with tab and studio-quality audio you can download for FREE.
The Neo-Soul Guitar Book comes with over 140 supporting audio examples you can download for free, so you can hear exactly how each one should sound, plus several online videos demonstrating the performance pieces.
Buy it now and master the sound of contemporary neo-soul!
Do you hear great blues guitar songs and wish you knew how to play them?
Do you want to play great solos but don’t even know where to start?
Wouldn’t it be great to emulate your favourite blues musicians or even pick up your guitar and work out your favourite songs by ear!?
- Play solos in the style of B.B. King, John Lee Hooker, and more!
- Learn to instinctively play any blues song.
- Understand scales and techniques so you find the right notes every time.
The Complete Guide to Playing Blues Guitar is a three-part series that teaches you the essential skills required to become a master blues guitarist.
Here’s what you get…
- Over 245 Pages of blues guitar mastery focusing on rhythm guitar, melodic phrasing and beyond pentatonics that help you play any blues song.
- Over 400 notated downloadable audio examples of exercises, techniques and licks so you can hear and feel each stepping stone in the process.
- Over 20 backing tracks so you can play and hear what you are learning in actual musical situations.
- The complete blues guitar soloing course that will have you writing and improvising your own solos in no time.
With over 245 jam-packed pages and 400 notated audio examples from all three books in the Playing Blues Guitar series, this is the most comprehensive guide to playing blues guitar ever released.
Book One – Rhythm Guitar focuses on the topic of rhythm guitar giving you a solid understanding and practice of not only the common blues chord structures but also multiple approaches you can take to embellish the standard harmony. Beginning with the basic structure of the 12-bar blues and continuing with open-string riffs, dominant 7 chords, turnarounds, and more. This book gives you the tools needed to play any blues song.
Book Two – Melodic Phrasing examines the most important aspects of blues guitar soloing, allowing you to develop your improvisational skills in the blues world. By teaching rhythm, phrasing and placement you learn to use fundamental rhythmic fragments to create and drive your solo forward. Because when you know the building blocks melodies will take care of themselves. Never worry about forgetting licks again.
Book Three – Beyond Pentatonics teaches you the secrets of blues guitar soloing by showing you how to break away from the minor pentatonic soloing trap that plagues so many. It shows you how to target the most powerful notes from each chord in the blues progression to create the greatest emotional effect, wooing your audience. All of that plus discovering the many possible scale choices for each of the chords in the blues and you will be building solos like a master blues guitarist in no time.
All 3 Amazon best-selling books are combined seamlessly in this complete guide to everything you need to know about playing the blues.
Master Acoustic Blues Guitar
Break down this challenging, yet rewarding, genre step-by-step from your first finger independence exercises right through to complete studies that seamlessly combine chords, bass lines, and melodies into full pieces of music.
199 Audio Examples in Standard Notation and Tablature
Each element and technique of the early Delta blues style is tackled step-by-step and demonstrated with over 190 detailed notated examples that you can download for free.
Develop the Finger Independence to Blend Alternating Bass Lines, Chords, and Melodies
Fingerstyle blues is a deceptively demanding genre. The engine that drives the music is the quarter note alternating or static bass line played with the thumb. This technique is mastered first before melody and then chords are introduced on top. Every technical exercise is introduced via a musical example or phrase that will naturally become part of your playing.
Fingerstyle Blues Guitar builds technique and independence through musical phrases and licks, so you will learn to develop the essential syncopation, legato, slides, slurs, and vibrato required to play great blues naturally, and make them an unconscious part of your playing. The idea throughout is to build creative freedom so that you can always play what you hear. Of course, there are complete musical studies for you to learn, however, the focus is on building a technical understanding of the style allowing you to create and improvise your own ideas, just like the Delta masters.
The technique you develop through musical vocabulary in Part One of the book is then applied to the essential chords and approaches of the Delta style. You will learn finger-picking patterns, alternate bass lines, chord progressions and turnarounds, and understand how to blend these features together with improvised melodies to build authentic, unaccompanied blues guitar song.
Fingerstyle Blues Guitar covers:
- Alternating, static and walking bass lines.
- Bends, slides, legato, and vibrato techniques.
- Improvising solos and building syncopation.
- Combining melodies with chords and bass lines.
- Chord inversions, fragments, and playing up the neck.
- Turnarounds, licks, and tricks.
- Complete musical studies.
Buy it Now and Master Fingerstyle Blues Guitar
In-demand British instructor Levi Clay explores five genre-busting approaches to playing, from connecting chords and arpeggios to resolving tension, using the CAGED system to liven-up solos, and mastering guide tones and turnaround tactics.
Exclusive downloadable ebook.