Showing 1–12 of 62 results
The Ultimate Guide to Mastering Shred Guitar Technique!
Forget vanilla “safe space” guides and make way for the Ultimate Shred Machine–the ultimate guide to shred guitar picking, tapping, and sweeping!
In this no-nonsense guide to shred guitar, seasoned teacher and YouTube sensation Chris Zoupa cuts through the mystery and misinformation that shrouds guitar technique, and expertly guides you through the essential skills that’ll super-charge your rock guitar playing.
Drawing from a rich tapestry of shred guitar techniques and the styles of the players who have made them famous, Ultimate Shred Machine is a solid foundation of virtuoso guitar technique and picks up where other guitar methods stop.
What you’ll learn:
- How to play flawless shred guitar, taught in an easy-to-follow manner.
- The secrets of fast alternate picking guitar technique.
- How to sweep-pick arpeggios the right way and avoid common mistakes.
- Legato guitar technique in the styles of Satriani, Govan, and Gilbert.
- Exotic scale runs in the styles of Malmsteen, Skolnick, and Laiho.
- Neo-classical metal guitar exercises and licks.
- Simple to advanced guitar tapping techniques.
- Over 100 exercises and guitar licks with free supporting audio to download.
- Great tips on guitar tone and the use of distortion.
Bonus 1: Learn how to practice with a metronome–the right way. Master hand synchronicity and optimize your picking technique.
Bonus 2: Discover how to spice up your guitar playing with blue notes, exotic scales, modes, and arpeggios.
After the 100th student asked him, “How do I play faster?”, Chris Zoupa decided to write the definite guide to shred guitar. This book lays a solid foundation of correct guitar technique … and goes way beyond!
Ultimate Shred Machine contains over 100 exercises and supporting audio examples so you can hear exactly how each lick should sound.
Buy it now and start your journey to shred guitar mastery!
Master Cutting-Edge Modern Jazz Guitar Techniques!
Modern Jazz Guitar Concepts provides an in-depth insight into the modern jazz guitar techniques you’ll hear in the music of Kurt Rosenwinkel, Adam Rogers, Jonathan Kriesberg, Gilad Hekselman, Lage Lund and others. In this book, you’ll learn the essential building blocks of modern jazz guitar with numerous licks and detailed descriptions of the theory behind each concept.
Popular YouTube teacher Jens Larsen teaches you how to apply triads, arpeggios, and scales to create the sounds of contemporary jazz guitar. This creative method allows you to develop the knowledge you already have, using basic major and minor scales in a new way to create fresh sounds. This book contains a wealth of knowledge and provides a clear, easy to follow method for jazz guitar fans who want to access the modern style of playing.
What you’ll learn:
- The essential techniques of modern jazz guitar, with licks played over the familiar II-V-I progression.
- How to apply the basic major scale to contemporary jazz guitar with clever use of triads and arpeggios.
- How to use chromatics to create tension and interest in your solos.
- The “Coltrane pattern”–break up boring scale patterns and learn how to improvise over quick chord changes.
- How to apply the harmonic minor and diminished scales in a modern jazz context.
- Expand your jazz vocabulary with a collection of innovative modern licks you can adapt to your style.
Would you like a straightforward method that teaches you how to achieve a contemporary jazz guitar sound, without having to learn dozens of exotic scales?
Would you like a jazz guitar method that shows how you can re-think the scales and arpeggios you already know?
Would you like a simple method that will help you create your own original melodic ideas?
In recent years, many new modern jazz guitar players have emerged, many from the exciting New York scene. Jens Larsen has written the must-have guide to contemporary jazz vocabulary – but this isn’t merely a book of licks – the concepts behind the licks are explained in a thorough, detailed manner, enabling you to immediately apply them to your playing.
Here’s What You Get:
- A step-by-step guide that starts simple and adds layers of complexity.
- Perfectly notated examples with tab and studio-quality audio to download for FREE.
- A full-length blues with a solo analysis demonstrating all the concepts at work.
Modern Jazz Guitar Concepts cuts through the mystery that surrounds contemporary jazz guitar and explains the concepts behind the style in a clear and concise manner. Using the familiar II-V-I progression, Jens Larsen demonstrates how to get “that sound”, without learning dozens of exotic scales.
Buy it now and master the language of modern jazz guitar!
Master the Ultimate Neo-Classical Guitar Speed-Picking System
- A definitive study of speed techniques and biomechanics for shred guitar.
- A systematic guide to fast picking and string-change strategies.
- Master the nine principles of speed-picking as they’re dissected, analyzed, and applied.
- Complete technical development through over 90 real-life musical examples and “in the style of” licks.
- 18 original neo-classical studies to build guitar technique and consolidate every essential speed-picking principle.
Do you struggle to overcome the issues affecting your true speed potential? Do you need an authentic method to emulate the picking style of neo-classical guitar masters like Yngwie Malmsteen and Ritchie Blackmore? Do you want to build flawless picking technique on guitar? Do you want to master a system built on innovative solutions to common problems? Are you worried that you may not be reaching your true potential?
Neoclassical Speed Strategies for Guitar is the result of 27 years studying the neo-classical guitar styles of some of the most influential pickers in guitar history. These principles will help you develop perfect guitar technique for any style.
You’ll master picking biomechanics, technique, theory, and hundreds of licks to turn you into a shred guitar monster.
Here’s What You Get:
- A complete guitar picking course that starts from the first principles of movement and works around your own unique body mechanics, illustrated in detail.
- A multi-faceted system used by some of the best guitarists in the world to build incredible, efficient picking technique and devastating speed on guitar
- Inventive exercises that combine shifting scale lines, sequences, single-string phrases and string-changing mechanics.
- Concise, developmental picking drills and studies forming a clear, incremental path to speed-picking mastery.
Bonus One: A definitive section dedicated to neo-classical scale choice, theory, and application.
Bonus Two: 18 musical studies to build speed, fluency and neo-classical vocabulary.
All examples are delivered authentically in downloadable audio.
You won’t just learn to play fast on guitar, you’ll learn to pick perfectly.
This product is not associated with or endorsed by Yngwie Malmsteen.
The Complete Guide to the Art of Neo-Soul Guitar style and technique Featuring Mark Lettieri
Are you struggling to unravel the intricate guitar parts of neo-soul guitar?
The Neo-Soul Guitar Book is a one-stop shop for the multi-faceted style of neo-soul guitar playing. In recent times neo-soul has emerged as a driving force in modern music, with notable players such as Mark Lettieri (three-time Grammy award winner) and Tom Misch reinventing neo-soul guitar for new audiences.
Neo-soul is a mash up of R&B, soul, gospel and funk, and is a wide-ranging discipline. But authors Simon Pratt and Kristof Neyens have you covered – addressing every technique you need to become a top class neo-soul guitar player. In fact, whatever you play, this book is full of rut-busting ideas that can be applied to any style.
On top of that, this book features original pieces by Mark Lettieri of legendary band Snarky Puppy, as well as several other complete performance pieces – all of which are demonstrated with accompanying video and audio.
What you’ll learn:
- The most popular neo-soul chord voicings and how to embellish them.
- R&B chord tricks and licks.
- Modern pentatonic single-line licks enhanced with neo-soul techniques.
- How to use double-stops and triple-stops to create funky grooves and fills.
- Tips and tricks like the “chord quake,” “hammer-ons from nowhere,” tapping, and artificial harmonics.
- Two complete, original pieces by Mark Lettieri of Snarky Puppy, specially written for this book.
- Five complete performance pieces in total, encapsulating every technique in the book.
It’s hard to listen to contemporary music and not hear some facet of neo-soul technique. It captures the sound of modern guitar technique – a fusion of the best parts of many different styles with a modern edge.
Neo-soul guitar sounds impressive, but it’s not unattainable. After many years of study, neo-soul specialists Simon Pratt and Kristof Neyens pass on their knowledge in a clear concise manner that will methodically build and develop the essential techniques you need to nail this style.
Here’s What You Get:
- A step-by-step neo-soul guitar guide that starts simple and adds layers of complexity.
- Dozens of exercises focusing on developing essential techniques.
- Complete and exclusive neo-soul guitar pieces to learn.
- Creative, ground-breaking ideas to develop your guitar playing in new directions.
- 40 beautifully conceived licks and chordal ideas to add to your vocabulary.
- Perfectly notated examples with tab and studio-quality audio you can download for FREE.
The Neo-Soul Guitar Book comes with over 140 supporting audio examples you can download for free, so you can hear exactly how each one should sound, plus several online videos demonstrating the performance pieces.
Buy it now and master the sound of contemporary neo-soul!
Do you hear great blues guitar songs and wish you knew how to play them?
Do you want to play great solos but don’t even know where to start?
Wouldn’t it be great to emulate your favourite blues musicians or even pick up your guitar and work out your favourite songs by ear!?
- Play solos in the style of B.B. King, John Lee Hooker, and more!
- Learn to instinctively play any blues song.
- Understand scales and techniques so you find the right notes every time.
The Complete Guide to Playing Blues Guitar is a three-part series that teaches you the essential skills required to become a master blues guitarist.
Here’s what you get…
- Over 245 Pages of blues guitar mastery focusing on rhythm guitar, melodic phrasing and beyond pentatonics that help you play any blues song.
- Over 400 notated downloadable audio examples of exercises, techniques and licks so you can hear and feel each stepping stone in the process.
- Over 20 backing tracks so you can play and hear what you are learning in actual musical situations.
- The complete blues guitar soloing course that will have you writing and improvising your own solos in no time.
With over 245 jam-packed pages and 400 notated audio examples from all three books in the Playing Blues Guitar series, this is the most comprehensive guide to playing blues guitar ever released.
Book One – Rhythm Guitar focuses on the topic of rhythm guitar giving you a solid understanding and practice of not only the common blues chord structures but also multiple approaches you can take to embellish the standard harmony. Beginning with the basic structure of the 12-bar blues and continuing with open-string riffs, dominant 7 chords, turnarounds, and more. This book gives you the tools needed to play any blues song.
Book Two – Melodic Phrasing examines the most important aspects of blues guitar soloing, allowing you to develop your improvisational skills in the blues world. By teaching rhythm, phrasing and placement you learn to use fundamental rhythmic fragments to create and drive your solo forward. Because when you know the building blocks melodies will take care of themselves. Never worry about forgetting licks again.
Book Three – Beyond Pentatonics teaches you the secrets of blues guitar soloing by showing you how to break away from the minor pentatonic soloing trap that plagues so many. It shows you how to target the most powerful notes from each chord in the blues progression to create the greatest emotional effect, wooing your audience. All of that plus discovering the many possible scale choices for each of the chords in the blues and you will be building solos like a master blues guitarist in no time.
All 3 Amazon best-selling books are combined seamlessly in this complete guide to everything you need to know about playing the blues.
Master jazz guitar chord melody with Martin Taylor MBE
Do you struggle to create beautiful chord melody guitar arrangements? Do you want to find your own unique jazz guitar voice? Do you want to improvise spontaneous chord melody guitar solos?
Beyond Chord Melody with Martin Taylor MBE condenses over 40 years of playing expertise and insight into a beautiful jazz guitar book. Learn from the internationally acclaimed master of chord melody guitar as he guides you through his 7-step method to creating your own guitar arrangements.
As a special bonus, two specially commissioned online videos are included, with Martin Taylor illustrating key techniques.
What you’ll learn:
- 7 steps to jazz chord melody guitar that will unlock your creativity.
- How to make a chord melody arrangement of any jazz standard.
- How to play chords and solo at the same time.
- Overcome the common blocks that stifle your jazz guitar progress.
- Build stunning jazz chord melody guitar arrangements.
- Leverage the essential components of any jazz standard.
- Break away from chord boxes and discover the freedom of polyphonic jazz guitar playing.
Bonus 1: Learn a complete chord melody arrangement of an original tune to consolidate all the jazz guitar techniques and kick start your jazz chord melody guitar mastery.
Bonus 2: Two exclusive videos with Martin Taylor that clearly demonstrate the most fundamental aspects of his jazz guitar style.
If you love jazz chord melody guitar, you’ve probably struggled to learn other people’s arrangements, while struggling to create your own.
Beyond Chord Melody teaches you Martin Taylor’s own secret formula for creating instant jazz guitar arrangements and gives you the tools to master your guitar and create your own stunning chord melody arrangements.
Beyond Chord Melody with Martin Taylor MBE is the antidote to formulaic guitar methods. His 7-step chord melody guitar system helps you “break out of the box” and is taught in a clear, concise manner.
Martin Taylor starts from basic jazz guitar theory and adds layer upon layer of detail to create your own, beautiful jazz guitar chord melody guitar arrangements.
Buy it now to begin creating your own beautiful chord melody guitar arrangements.
Master fingerstyle country guitar and learn the styles of the greatest country guitar players
Are you struggling to master country guitar and Travis picking? The Country Fingerstyle Guitar Method is the perfect way to master fingerpicking on the guitar.
Here’s what you will learn:
- Master every essential country guitar technique.
- Develop Travis picking, syncopation, and articulation.
- Effortlessly combine advanced chords, inversions, and bass lines.
- Learn the guitar Styles of Merle Travis, Chet Atkins, and Jerry Reed.
- Discover banjo rolls and the secret to effortless speed and fluency.
- Learn with tablature, notation, and hundreds of audio examples of authentic country guitar vocabulary.
Part One tackles the techniques needed to build confidence, speed, and articulation. You will cover the “pinch” technique, thumb picks, and alternating bass lines, syncopation, articulation, combining chord and bass lines, and soloing while holding down the chords and bass. You will become the perfect country guitar all-rounder with an excellent mastery of Travis picking.
Part Two takes a detailed look at the evolution of fingerstyle country guitar and studies the styles and idiosyncrasies of artists like Merle Travis, Chet Atkins, and Jerry Reed. Each artist’s approach is dissected and through multiple “in the style of” examples. You will gain great insight into how country guitar picking developed into the virtuosic style it has now become. You will discover harmony, part layering, harmonics, the “claw” technique, thumb picking, counterpoint, altered tunings, and much more.
Each technique and approach is combined into a musical study that gives real insight into the greatest country guitar players in the world, and put you on the way to developing your own unique style.
Here’s what you get:
- Over 100 pages of country picking essentials stuffed with 190 individually recorded examples so you can develop at your own pace.
- A complete course in country fingerstyle–from first rudiments to advanced techniques teaching you to play the country classics while developing your own personal style.
- Detailed discussion of thumb picks, tone, technique and the evolution of country guitar.
- Complete style-files of three of the greatest country fingerstyle guitarists.
- Every essential country chord, technique, bass line, lick and trick to get you playing the right way as quickly as possible.
Bonus! – A complete solo guitar study to consolidate your new skills and help you understand how to combine all the techniques included.
Buy it now to supercharge your country fingerpicking mastery.
The Perfect Resource for Any Country Guitar Player
Three Best-Selling Country Guitar Books in One Complete Volume
- Discover every essential country guitar chord.
- Master country guitar techniques like banjo rolls and hybrid picking.
- Learn and apply over 100 country guitar licks.
- Play exciting country guitar solos with authentic backing tracks.
- Discover every important country guitar scale in addition to learning the CAGED System.
- Master bends, slides, picking, legato, and much more!
The Complete Country Guitar Method Compilation is a collection of three best-selling books that teach the essential skills required to move from absolute basics to astonishing country guitar solos.
Here’s What You Get:
- Three best-selling books in one!
- 278 pages of traditional and cutting-edge country guitar essentials.
- Over 400 notated audio examples so you can hear how to play guitar.
- A complete breakdown and masterclass of every country guitar technique.
- Over 100 authentic “in the style of” country guitar licks.
You’ll be a country guitar picking pro in no time.
Book 1: Country Guitar for Beginners
Are you struggling to learn country guitar? This book covers the essential country chord voicings found in everything from cowboy ballads to western swing. There are plenty of country guitar secrets thrown in too so you’ll need to pay attention! Once you’ve learned these voicings, you will apply them by playing real country rhythm guitar.
Next, you’ll move on to develop a full range of scales, arpeggios and soloing approaches that can be applied to country music, preparing your fingers for the more technically demanding aspects of country guitar.
Book 2: Country Guitar Soloing Techniques
Have you ever wondered how great country guitarists effortlessly outline the chord sequences in their solos and never break a sweat? This book teaches you authentic country guitar soloing using the actual techniques of the masters.
With over 180 notated audio examples, every essential technique, scale and approach is dissected and developed into musical licks and exciting, flamboyant solos. From simple scales to triads and chromatic approach notes, the harmonic and theoretical aspects of soloing are broken down and rebuilt effortlessly into articulate solo lines that sound incredible. You’ll discover triads, Pentatonic scales, open string licks, hybrid-picking, banjo rolls, slurs and chromatic ideas that will quickly propel you to country guitar soloing greatness.
Book 3: Country Guitar Heroes – 100 Licks for Country Guitar
This goes way beyond every other lick book available. It’s a complete guitar method for country guitar that teaches you how to learn and internalize the language of the country guitar masters into your everyday playing.
The style and language of the 20 most genre-defining country guitar players are discussed and analyzed, along with five defining, “in the style of” guitar licks are given for each player.
Albert Lee | Brad Paisley | Brent Mason | Buck Owens/Don Rich | Chet Atkins | Danny Gatton | Eldon Shamblin | Glen Campbell | Hank Garland | James Burton | Jerry Donahue | Jerry Reed | Jimmy Bryant | Johnny Hiland | Keith Urban | Redd Volkaert | Roy Nichols | Steve Wariner | Vince Gill | Whit Smith
In addition to learning their essential country guitar language, you will also learn how to easily incorporate their country guitar licks into your playing.
You can’t afford to miss this incredible country guitar resource.
Single Note Permutations is a step towards developing fluent technique for combining pick and fingers. Here you’ll find more than 1,400 different exercises based entirely on permutations. You should condition your fingers to respond to the intuitive part of your brain when you are playing, not just what they can do by themselves.
If you want to get inspired, be original, and get away from your own clichés, this book is for you.
Guitarist, composer, recording artist, educator, and author Gustavo Assis-Brasil presents his third book about hybrid-picking technique. Recommended for intermediate to advanced guitarists, Hybrid Picking Lines & Licks is a collection of 284 modern phrases exclusively written for the pick and fingers combined.
Chapters include: Triads, Arpeggios, Pentatonics, Scales and Modes, Atonal, Intervallic, and Octave Displacement Lines and Licks.
“Welcome to a very splendid new book on hybrid picking! Essentially this is the “Swiss army knife” approach to picking technique, combining the advantages of fingerstyle and “regular” picking to facilitate all sorts of crazy stuff (wide interval leaps, open chord voicings, polyphony, you name it…) which would otherwise be unplayable. Hybrid Picking Lines & Licks For Guitar offers an abundance of new ideas for your delectation… Perhaps the coolest thing about the examples in here is that they’re not just technical exercises: the actual notes are interesting, too, so your fretting hand and musical ear are just as likely to benefit as your hybrid picking technique itself. I’m confident that any guitar player, regardless of his/her style and technique, will find something challenging and inspiring in the following pages. Nice one, Gustavo!” – Guthrie Govan
“Since working out of Gustavo Assis-Brasil’s Hybrid Picking books I’ve definitely been graced with new and creative approaches to the guitar. I’ve always been a fan of wide intervallic lines, as well as voice leading, and hybrid picking seems to be the perfect technique encompassing both those things and more. I’ve literally been inspired to write new music directly after spending a little time with his books daily. Getting the Lines & Licks book pushed things even further as far as creative lines are concerned. Having use of my other fingers while still holding the pick is an ingenious way to approach the guitar!” – Tosin Abasi (Animals as Leaders)
The original best seller! A complete method for combining pick and fingers.
“With Hybrid Picking For Guitar, Gustavo Assis-Brasil has created a hugely valuable resource, in terms of expanding both one’s technique and vocabulary. Also, the studies at the end of the book are beautiful pieces in their own right. I highly recommend it.” –Ben Monder
“Gustavo’s book is probably the most comprehensive study of hybrid picking I’ve seen. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in this technique.”–Brett Garsed
Learn how to solo like the masters!
The ultimate practice book for serious jazz guitarists!
The Cellular Approach is a practical method for developing the ability to create convincing jazz solos in a wide variety of playing situations.
It takes actual jazz lines recorded by master players and then slices them up into small “cells” that can be re-combined into longer lines to fit almost any harmonic situation.
This enables the player to improvise his or her own lines that sound just as interesting and melodic as the masters without resorting to simply copying others. Fingerings and string choices are often given too, making it particularly valuable to guitarists who want to actually master their instrument.
Some of the harmonic situations dealt with include:
- Fast-moving cycles such as the bridge of “Jordu.”
- Chromatic II-V changes.
- Turnarounds, including many that are useful for dealing with “rhythm changes.”
- Jimmy Heath’s “C.T.A.” changes.
- John Coltrane’s “Giant Steps” changes.
- In addition, slower moving II-Vs are covered, using various strategies for stringing together the short cells into long flowing lines.
- 189 pages!
There is a complete discussion of how to break out of diatonic-derived lines by using the cellular approach to create “side-slipping” and other intervallic lines — creating ultra-hip solo phrases in the style of modern masters such as Pat Metheny, Michael Brecker, and Herbie Hancock.
Finally, the cell concept gets transcended as twelve-tone rows in the style of Mike Stern and others are explored, as well as lines derived from “23rd chords” for adventurous players that are interested in paving a way into the future.