Showing all 7 results
Play bebop jazz-blues guitar lines effortlessly with these simple substitution ideas
Jazz Bebop Blues Guitar helps you to create the authentic sound of jazz guitar, without having to learn numerous scales and modes. Based around the familiar blues progression, this book uses simple chord / scale substitution ideas to create beautiful jazz-blues lines in the style of the great jazz guitarists. If you’re familiar with the blues, but want to learn how to play great jazz lines, this book will quickly have you playing authentic bebop, simply by re-thinking the knowledge you already have.
You’ll learn licks in the style of Wes Montgomery, Joe Pass, Pat Martino and Jim Hall, with over 120 original musical examples, each illustrated with notation and tab. Download FREE audio of every example, and jam along to the 22 backing tracks / vamps provided. Includes 3 full-length jazz blues solos in different keys, demonstrating all the concepts covered.
What you’ll learn:
- Major and Minor scale / arpeggio substitutions you can play over the blues progression to create new sounds
- A creative jazz-blues guitar method that will help you play great licks straight away
- Ideas that are simple to apply, but result in advanced melodic lines
- A tried and tested method to access the language of jazz guitar
- Numerous licks in the style of the great players
- An easy way to create your own original lines
- Soloing schemes to help you create your own improvised solos
Jazz Bebop Blues Guitar
- Would you like to be able to play effortless bebop lines in the style of the great jazz guitar players?
- Would you like a simple method to help you generate 100s of original licks of your own?
- Would you like to give your playing a fresh injection of ideas?
- Solution Description
A Tried and Tested Creative Jazz Blues Guitar Method
Many guitar players are comfortable with the familiar blues progression, but those wanting to learn the language of jazz are often baffled about the best way to learn to play bebop. Learning lots of different scales and modes can be both daunting and un-musical. In Jazz Bebop Blues Guitar, the author brings together over 20 years of learning and experience gigging in London’s jazz clubs to present a simple method that will have you playing musical lines right away. More than that, by the end of this book you will be equipped to create your own amazing lines.
Here’s What You Get:
- A step-by-step guide that starts simple and adds layers of complexity
- Numerous examples with backing tracks and vamps to practise to
- Three full-length blues in different keys with example solos and backing tracks to experiment with
- Perfectly notated examples with tab and studio-quality audio to download for FREE
Decode the Language of Bebop and Get Creative!
Jazz Bebop Blues Guitar not only shows you how to play great jazz lines like the masters, it puts creative tools in your hands. These simple concepts can be applied to help you break out of your box and explore new ideas. Taught in a clear, concise manner, the focus is on creativity and capturing the sound and feel of authentic bebop guitar.
Jazz Bebop Blues Guitar contains 120 supporting audio examples, so you can hear exactly how each example should sound.
Do you hear great blues guitar songs and wish you knew how to play them?
Do you want to play great solos but don’t even know where to start?
Wouldn’t it be great to emulate your favourite blues musicians or even pick up your guitar and work out your favourite songs by ear!?
- Play solos in the style of B.B. King, John Lee Hooker, and more!
- Learn to instinctively play any blues song.
- Understand scales and techniques so you find the right notes every time.
The Complete Guide to Playing Blues Guitar is a three-part series that teaches you the essential skills required to become a master blues guitarist.
Here’s what you get…
- Over 245 Pages of blues guitar mastery focusing on rhythm guitar, melodic phrasing and beyond pentatonics that help you play any blues song.
- Over 400 notated downloadable audio examples of exercises, techniques and licks so you can hear and feel each stepping stone in the process.
- Over 20 backing tracks so you can play and hear what you are learning in actual musical situations.
- The complete blues guitar soloing course that will have you writing and improvising your own solos in no time.
With over 245 jam-packed pages and 400 notated audio examples from all three books in the Playing Blues Guitar series, this is the most comprehensive guide to playing blues guitar ever released.
Book One – Rhythm Guitar focuses on the topic of rhythm guitar giving you a solid understanding and practice of not only the common blues chord structures but also multiple approaches you can take to embellish the standard harmony. Beginning with the basic structure of the 12-bar blues and continuing with open-string riffs, dominant 7 chords, turnarounds, and more. This book gives you the tools needed to play any blues song.
Book Two – Melodic Phrasing examines the most important aspects of blues guitar soloing, allowing you to develop your improvisational skills in the blues world. By teaching rhythm, phrasing and placement you learn to use fundamental rhythmic fragments to create and drive your solo forward. Because when you know the building blocks melodies will take care of themselves. Never worry about forgetting licks again.
Book Three – Beyond Pentatonics teaches you the secrets of blues guitar soloing by showing you how to break away from the minor pentatonic soloing trap that plagues so many. It shows you how to target the most powerful notes from each chord in the blues progression to create the greatest emotional effect, wooing your audience. All of that plus discovering the many possible scale choices for each of the chords in the blues and you will be building solos like a master blues guitarist in no time.
All 3 Amazon best-selling books are combined seamlessly in this complete guide to everything you need to know about playing the blues.
In-demand British instructor Levi Clay explores five genre-busting approaches to playing, from connecting chords and arpeggios to resolving tension, using the CAGED system to liven-up solos, and mastering guide tones and turnaround tactics.
Exclusive downloadable ebook.