Showing all 5 results
The Ultimate Guide to Mastering Shred Guitar Technique!
Forget vanilla “safe space” guides and make way for the Ultimate Shred Machine–the ultimate guide to shred guitar picking, tapping, and sweeping!
In this no-nonsense guide to shred guitar, seasoned teacher and YouTube sensation Chris Zoupa cuts through the mystery and misinformation that shrouds guitar technique, and expertly guides you through the essential skills that’ll super-charge your rock guitar playing.
Drawing from a rich tapestry of shred guitar techniques and the styles of the players who have made them famous, Ultimate Shred Machine is a solid foundation of virtuoso guitar technique and picks up where other guitar methods stop.
What you’ll learn:
- How to play flawless shred guitar, taught in an easy-to-follow manner.
- The secrets of fast alternate picking guitar technique.
- How to sweep-pick arpeggios the right way and avoid common mistakes.
- Legato guitar technique in the styles of Satriani, Govan, and Gilbert.
- Exotic scale runs in the styles of Malmsteen, Skolnick, and Laiho.
- Neo-classical metal guitar exercises and licks.
- Simple to advanced guitar tapping techniques.
- Over 100 exercises and guitar licks with free supporting audio to download.
- Great tips on guitar tone and the use of distortion.
Bonus 1: Learn how to practice with a metronome–the right way. Master hand synchronicity and optimize your picking technique.
Bonus 2: Discover how to spice up your guitar playing with blue notes, exotic scales, modes, and arpeggios.
After the 100th student asked him, “How do I play faster?”, Chris Zoupa decided to write the definite guide to shred guitar. This book lays a solid foundation of correct guitar technique … and goes way beyond!
Ultimate Shred Machine contains over 100 exercises and supporting audio examples so you can hear exactly how each lick should sound.
Buy it now and start your journey to shred guitar mastery!
Master the Ultimate Neo-Classical Guitar Speed-Picking System
- A definitive study of speed techniques and biomechanics for shred guitar.
- A systematic guide to fast picking and string-change strategies.
- Master the nine principles of speed-picking as they’re dissected, analyzed, and applied.
- Complete technical development through over 90 real-life musical examples and “in the style of” licks.
- 18 original neo-classical studies to build guitar technique and consolidate every essential speed-picking principle.
Do you struggle to overcome the issues affecting your true speed potential? Do you need an authentic method to emulate the picking style of neo-classical guitar masters like Yngwie Malmsteen and Ritchie Blackmore? Do you want to build flawless picking technique on guitar? Do you want to master a system built on innovative solutions to common problems? Are you worried that you may not be reaching your true potential?
Neoclassical Speed Strategies for Guitar is the result of 27 years studying the neo-classical guitar styles of some of the most influential pickers in guitar history. These principles will help you develop perfect guitar technique for any style.
You’ll master picking biomechanics, technique, theory, and hundreds of licks to turn you into a shred guitar monster.
Here’s What You Get:
- A complete guitar picking course that starts from the first principles of movement and works around your own unique body mechanics, illustrated in detail.
- A multi-faceted system used by some of the best guitarists in the world to build incredible, efficient picking technique and devastating speed on guitar
- Inventive exercises that combine shifting scale lines, sequences, single-string phrases and string-changing mechanics.
- Concise, developmental picking drills and studies forming a clear, incremental path to speed-picking mastery.
Bonus One: A definitive section dedicated to neo-classical scale choice, theory, and application.
Bonus Two: 18 musical studies to build speed, fluency and neo-classical vocabulary.
All examples are delivered authentically in downloadable audio.
You won’t just learn to play fast on guitar, you’ll learn to pick perfectly.
This product is not associated with or endorsed by Yngwie Malmsteen.
Single Note Permutations is a step towards developing fluent technique for combining pick and fingers. Here you’ll find more than 1,400 different exercises based entirely on permutations. You should condition your fingers to respond to the intuitive part of your brain when you are playing, not just what they can do by themselves.
If you want to get inspired, be original, and get away from your own clichés, this book is for you.
Guitarist, composer, recording artist, educator, and author Gustavo Assis-Brasil presents his third book about hybrid-picking technique. Recommended for intermediate to advanced guitarists, Hybrid Picking Lines & Licks is a collection of 284 modern phrases exclusively written for the pick and fingers combined.
Chapters include: Triads, Arpeggios, Pentatonics, Scales and Modes, Atonal, Intervallic, and Octave Displacement Lines and Licks.
“Welcome to a very splendid new book on hybrid picking! Essentially this is the “Swiss army knife” approach to picking technique, combining the advantages of fingerstyle and “regular” picking to facilitate all sorts of crazy stuff (wide interval leaps, open chord voicings, polyphony, you name it…) which would otherwise be unplayable. Hybrid Picking Lines & Licks For Guitar offers an abundance of new ideas for your delectation… Perhaps the coolest thing about the examples in here is that they’re not just technical exercises: the actual notes are interesting, too, so your fretting hand and musical ear are just as likely to benefit as your hybrid picking technique itself. I’m confident that any guitar player, regardless of his/her style and technique, will find something challenging and inspiring in the following pages. Nice one, Gustavo!” – Guthrie Govan
“Since working out of Gustavo Assis-Brasil’s Hybrid Picking books I’ve definitely been graced with new and creative approaches to the guitar. I’ve always been a fan of wide intervallic lines, as well as voice leading, and hybrid picking seems to be the perfect technique encompassing both those things and more. I’ve literally been inspired to write new music directly after spending a little time with his books daily. Getting the Lines & Licks book pushed things even further as far as creative lines are concerned. Having use of my other fingers while still holding the pick is an ingenious way to approach the guitar!” – Tosin Abasi (Animals as Leaders)
The original best seller! A complete method for combining pick and fingers.
“With Hybrid Picking For Guitar, Gustavo Assis-Brasil has created a hugely valuable resource, in terms of expanding both one’s technique and vocabulary. Also, the studies at the end of the book are beautiful pieces in their own right. I highly recommend it.” –Ben Monder
“Gustavo’s book is probably the most comprehensive study of hybrid picking I’ve seen. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in this technique.”–Brett Garsed