The Guitarist’s Introduction to Jazz by Randy Vincent
The ultimate jazz guitar reference book!
The book contains detailed explanations and exercises on virtually everything a guitarist needs to start playing jazz with others:
- Learn many categories of chord voicings.
- Develop comping tips and understand how to play in a rhythm section.
- In-depth scale and chord construction.
- Read charts for classic jazz tunes.
- Understand how to develop solo chops by using riffs and familiar melodies.
- Work on ways to approach practicing jazz.
- Improve your right-hand picking techniques.
- Gain knowledge of overall jazz theory …and much more!